Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Poetry

One of the themes I saw when reading The Dove's Necklace, was that with love comes with inevitable suffering.Both physically and mentally, true love for someone else takes over the mind, making the person restless and frustrated with them self. Questions, confusion, and a lack of patience starts to take over the love sick person. I know I've had that feeling about someone I truly thought I deserved to be with, and when it didn't happen I felt like nothing else in the world could ever make me happy ever again. For me , that feeling soon passed because I have so many other interests than just to be with someone.The writer implies that a person would choose death over life if he or she could not be with the one they truly love. I also liked how the writer compared your true love to be the light of your darkness.
Another theme talks about the roller coaster relationship you have once you are with your lover. This part of the reading describes what most people like to call  the "honey moon" phase and the relationship happens between a couple once that phase has faded. Today, majority of the marriages that are made end in divorce. No one has the patience anymore to work through a fight or to deal with their partners bad habits. In this reading, a couple that truly loves each other would be able to handle heavily heated argument and soon be back to normal. This reminds me of the relationship I have with my mother. I only have my most intense fights with her because we are so close and hold a great and sincere love for each other that we are allowed to go far in an argument and still have the ability to forgive eachother afterwards.
In the Hispanic- Arabic poem, the theme of love being painful is compared to being driven by desperateness. I felt the poem was becoming dark as if waiting for a love was like mourning for a death. The relationship between the lovers was described with many nature like characteristics. True love being compared to nature made love seem endlessly beautiful and almost too good to be true. However, all the beauty expressed in true love can be damaging if your without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment